In the field of technology, the application is immediate, allowing easy and instant, communication in any place and at low cost.
The most common applications of technology BlueTooth :
• Controlling communication between a mobile phone and a hands-free wireless headset.
• Wireless networking between PCs in a confined space and where little bandwidth is required.
• Communications wireless with PC input and output, such as mouse, keyboard, and printer devices.
• Transfer of files between devices with OBEX (communication protocol).
• Replacement of traditional communication Wired series, GPS, medical equipment, bar code scanners and control devices.
• Two seventh-generation game consoles, Nintendo Wii and PlayStation 3 from Sony use BlueTooth for their respective wireless controllers.
• Access to internet on PC or PDA using a compatible mobile phone.
BlueTooth is an open system, so there may be security risks. Nowadays a lot of mobile phones and other devices include BlueTooth.
Some say that BlueTooth is not secure for encryption and other technical aspects.
Some information on BlueTooth security should be mentioned.
Today data are sent invisibly from one device to another and from one person to the other. These data, in the form of emails, photos, contacts, addresses must be sent securely.
Wireless technology BlueTooth has, since its inception, focused on security while making connections between the devices.
The BlueTooth Special Interest Group (SIG) is a group of security experts.
It includes engineers, member companies who provide critical security and requirements to ensure that the specification wireless BlueTooth is changing.
Developers that use the BlueTooth wireless technology in their products have several options for the implementation of the security.
There are three security modes :
• Security Mode 1 : unsecure.
• Security Mode 2 : applied security service level.
• Security Mode 3 : applied security level liaison.
The manufacturer of each product determines these security modes. For devices, there are two levels : \trusted device\ and \not reliable\.
A trusted device has already been paired with one of your other devices and has unlimited access to all services.
Services have three levels of security :
• Services requiring an authentication and authorization.
• Services that require authentication only.
• Services that are open to all devices.
BlueTooth 5 est plus performant et se tourne encore un peu plus vers les applications de l'Internet des objets.
Without playing the race at flow rates can do WiFi, this standard strengthens its positions in the field of the Internet of things.
The BlueTooth 5 (SIG) still promises a multiplication by 4 of the scope, important point to meet the needs of the sensors of the IoT and home automation, and a doubling of rates.
Especially, the standard is changing its operation to adapt to modes of communication and the multiplication of the sensors.
BlueTooth keeps what made its success, namely its low energy consumption.
With 8.2 billion of products shipping BlueTooth wireless connectivity, and waiting for the deployment of more than 370 million tags BlueTooth by 2020, the standard so prepare these new uses.
The BlueTooth SIG also shows its strength as a promotion group in announcing the 30 000th member within his organization that ensures the certification and interoperability of new products.
BlueTooth 5 is promised for the end of the year 2016 or beginning of 2017.